A super easy wonton recipe that is delicious steamed, fried or boiled in stock to make a nice wonton soup.
Chicken, mushroom & garlic chive wontons
- 1 chicken breast cut into chunks
- a handful of mushrooms or 1/4 cup chopped dried Shitake mushrooms soaked in hot water
- 1/4 bunch of garlic chives or 2 eshallots
- 1/2 small bunch of coriander
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 cm piece of garlic
- salt & pepper
- 1 packet of wonton wrappers
- stock (when I haven’t made any stock I use Vietnamese Pho stock cubes from the Vietnamese grocer)
Place all the ingredients in a food processor and blend until well combined.
In the centre of each wonton wrapper place a heaped teaspoon of the mixture. Wet the sides of the wrapper and fold each corner into the centre pinching each edge to seal the mixture inside.
For soup, bring your stock to a boil and drop each wonton in. Wontons are cooked when the chicken inside is cooked. Take one out and cut open to check.